River City Roots Fest - Information
Produced by the Missoula Downtown Association as the community's signature celebration of the city we live in, the River City Roots Festival has quickly risen to the top of Montana's must-see-list. Recognized as the 2009 Montana Tourism Event of the Year, Roots Fest attracts more than 15,000 individuals to the heart of the community for a variety of fun activities. This two-day free festival features first-class art and entertainment for both residents and visitors. With quality live performances on a big stage on West Main Street, a juried art show, entertainment for children and families, and a 4-Mile run through the heart of Missoula, Roots Fest brings a weekend of family fun to the community.
Check out this amazing video from the 2012 River City Roots Festival.
Produced by the Missoula Downtown Association in partnership with: The City of Missoula Police Department, The Downtown Arts Community, Run Wild Missoula, Sustainable Business Council and spectrUM Science Discovery Area.
- Celebrate the community of Missoula
- Develop and sustain a signature event that is the region's most fun and largest event
- Increase customers and revenue for the Missoula business community
- Showcase Downtown Missoula as Western Montana's gem
- Showcase some of the region's most talented artists (fine art and music)
- Emphasize family fun and fitness
- Expose the region to all the great aspects about Missoula